This is an essential oil that is highly poisonous and yet very effective in its uses. Wintergreen oil is extracted from the leaves of the wintergreen plant through steam distillation after maceration in warm water.
About Wintergreen: Wintergreen is the name of a plant that remains green even during the winter. The scientific name of this plant is Gaultheria Procombens and is native to North America, where the Native Americans discovered the use of its oil to eliminate pain in muscles and joints.
Wintergreen Oil: This oil is pale yellow or pinkish with a strong aromatic sweet odor. Wintergreen oil is highly poisonous due to the presence of Methyl Salicylate and so is never ingested or used in aromatherapy. When gently applied on skin it easily penetrates and is absorbed by tissues and then into the blood and spreads into the internal organs. Wintergreen oil is never to be applied to open wounds. It blends well with certain other essential oils.
Use of Wintergreen Oil
1. As the oil has analgesic properties it helps fight pain when applied to the skin and gives an aesthetic feeling.
2. This oil is used as a relaxant to draw out pain and drive out stress and tension. This oil also reduces spasms in the respiratory, muscular, digestive and nervous system while providing relief from congestion in the chest, asthma and other related conditions.
3. It has antirheumatic and antiathritis properties and when applied to skin it easily penetrates into the body and in the blood stream it stimulates urination which speeds up removal of toxins like uric acid from the body.
4. Due to its high degree of toxicity it is an effective antiseptic and is fatal to bacteria, viruses, fungi and protozoa. Very effective in killing Staphylococcus Aureaus and fighting and destroying sepsis in the body.
5. Wintergreen oil has antistrigent properties which induce contractions in muscle tissues, skin, blood vessels and hair roots. This firms muscles and help curb haemorrhaging from internally wounded organs.
6. Regulates menstruation due to its emanagogue properties.
7. This oil is an effective treatment of snake bites, dog bites and stings from poisonous insects by applying it on the skin around the bites, but not directly onto the open wound.
8. Apart from its healing properties Wintergreen oil can be used to mask foul smells.
Wintergreen oil is highly poisonous and even excessive external application on the skin can prove fatal as Methyl Salicylate is dangerous when present in large quantities in tissues and the blood stream.
1. Our essential oils are highest possible quality with the best possible pricing. Everybody knows that there are 4 -5 qualities of each essential oils available so this may not be the right quality for new comers in this website. Better you drop an email to verify the exact verify of essential oils you actually need. You can also call us or Live Chat with us on live chat system installed in this website or through Skype or Yahoo Messenger.
2. Here we have implemented a new customized shipping module here any reputed buyer can check the shipping quote before placing the actual order and estimate their cost. We do not quote based on import duty inclusive. Import duty is always extra on CIF value. The same is applicable up to 50 Kg, for more than 50 Kg, Please ask for spot rates. See top right of this page.
3. We are most sincere about our packaging for safer possible delivery at destination. In case there will be a loss/ damage, we always help buyers to resolve the issue. Most of the time, we send replacement partial /full shipment with no extra cost.
4. If you are not familiar with our product, please chat with us or call me to verify the actual variety you need in order to rule out any further issues. The products are intended to reach the maximum number of people so for specific quality, please explain your purpose of use and working criteria.
5. The information in product description is intended for educational purposes only and should not be used to replace the care of a qualified physician. This data is not considered complete and is not guaranteed to be accurate for all applications.
Transit Time (WoldWide) : 3 - 4 days (exceptions may be possible due to customs and different country's export regulations. )