Oakmoss oil is a natural oil extracted from lichen that grows on oak trees, and also found on pine trees and firs. It is extracted for its natural fragrance and is used in high class perfumery because it helps sustain the fragrance of the perfumes. The oil has some very wonderful medicinal properties.
Oakmoss is scientifically called Evernia Prunastri and grows in Europe and United States of America. France is the world's largest producer of Oakmoss oil. The Oakmoss lichen is not a pleasant plant to look at but its benefits far outweigh its aesthetics.
It is extracted from the lichen first by solvent extraction and then vacuum distillation. The lichens that grown on pine trees produce a stronger turpentine aroma. The oil has a wonderful fragrance. It blends well with other essential oils.
Use of Oakmoss Oil
1. As an antiseptic Oakmoss oil aids with respiratory complaints and is useful in clearing congested nasal passages.
2. When used to clean wounds and bruises it does not have the burning sensation caused by other antiseptics and disinfectants.
3. Oakmoss oil is toxic to microbial organisms in the body and helps the body to fight bacterial infections and treats septic conditions.
4. The oil has soothing properties that maintain moisture and helps oil balance of the skin.
5. It is very effective in relieving acidity and conditions caused by ingesting irritating or poisonous substances.
6. Effective in relieving chest congestion, breathing problems, asthmatic attacks and coughs. When taken Oakmoss oil does not cause drowsiness like other expectorants.
7. Revitalizes and restores the body from damages done by aging and general wear and tear, and restores the body's immunity.
Used widely in preparation of creams, soaps, lotions and skin care products due to its soothing properties.
1. Our essential oils are highest possible quality with the best possible pricing. Everybody knows that there are 4 -5 qualities of each essential oils available so this may not be the right quality for new comers in this website. Better you drop an email to verify the exact verify of essential oils you actually need. You can also call us or Live Chat with us on live chat system installed in this website or through Skype or Yahoo Messenger.
2. Here we have implemented a new customized shipping module here any reputed buyer can check the shipping quote before placing the actual order and estimate their cost. We do not quote based on import duty inclusive. Import duty is always extra on CIF value. The same is applicable up to 50 Kg, for more than 50 Kg, Please ask for spot rates. See top right of this page.
3. We are most sincere about our packaging for safer possible delivery at destination. In case there will be a loss/ damage, we always help buyers to resolve the issue. Most of the time, we send replacement partial /full shipment with no extra cost.
4. If you are not familiar with our product, please chat with us or call me to verify the actual variety you need in order to rule out any further issues. The products are intended to reach the maximum number of people so for specific quality, please explain your purpose of use and working criteria.
5. The information in product description is intended for educational purposes only and should not be used to replace the care of a qualified physician. This data is not considered complete and is not guaranteed to be accurate for all applications.
Transit Time (WoldWide) : 3 - 4 days (exceptions may be possible due to customs and different country's export regulations. )