Michelia Champaca is an evergreen tree and shrub native to south-east subtropical Asia. It belongs to the genus Michelia L. and belongs to the family of Magnoliaceae. It can grow up to the height of 30m and girth of 3m.
The bark is gray and smooth in color and about 2cm thick. It basically grows in deep moist good quality soil. The flowers are pale yellow to orange in color with diameter of 5cm. In Hindi it is called Champa.
The water's various physio-chemical properties are:
Color: Reddish Brown
Odor: Exotic floral
Saponification value: 199
Iodine value: 60
Melting point: 45 degree Celsius
Solubility: Insoluble in water, soluble in oils & alcohol
Specific Gravity: 0.95
Optical Rotation: 16.5 degree
Refractive Index: 1.46
The oil is extracted from the flowers by using hydro-distillation and solvent extraction method.
Its main constituents are Linalool, α-humulene,Benzaldehyde,Benzoic acid Geraniol, beta-caryophyllene, beta-elemene, methyl eugenol.
Cytotoxic: The oil has various ethanoic compounds like parthenolide and costunolide which are essential in the Anti-tumor treatment. It strengthens the movement of the nasopharynx test sytem.
Anti-inflammatory: Due to the presence of various flavonoids in the oil, extracted from the methanolic compounds champaca is anti-inflammatory.
Anti-diabetic: The presence of ethanolic compounds makes the oil an antihyperglycemic. That's why it is used in producing diabetic medicine.
Antifungal: The oil shows an inhibiting property against the fungal pathogens like Cladosporium cucumerinum.
Wound Healing: Champaca oil is known for it wound healing property. It decreases the e period of epithelization and increases the breaking strength of the wound. That's why it is used in making various wound-healing ointments.
Perfume industry: It is widely used in the perfume industry because of its strong scent. It is used in the world's costlier perfume Joy created for jean patou.
1. Our essential oils are highest possible quality with the best possible pricing. Everybody knows that there are 4 -5 qualities of each essential oils available so this may not be the right quality for new comers in this website. Better you drop an email to verify the exact verify of essential oils you actually need. You can also call us or Live Chat with us on live chat system installed in this website or through Skype or Yahoo Messenger.
2. Here we have implemented a new customized shipping module here any reputed buyer can check the shipping quote before placing the actual order and estimate their cost. We do not quote based on import duty inclusive. Import duty is always extra on CIF value. The same is applicable up to 50 Kg, for more than 50 Kg, Please ask for spot rates. See top right of this page.
3. We are most sincere about our packaging for safer possible delivery at destination. In case there will be a loss/ damage, we always help buyers to resolve the issue. Most of the time, we send replacement partial /full shipment with no extra cost.
4. If you are not familiar with our product, please chat with us or call me to verify the actual variety you need in order to rule out any further issues. The products are intended to reach the maximum number of people so for specific quality, please explain your purpose of use and working criteria.
5. The information in product description is intended for educational purposes only and should not be used to replace the care of a qualified physician. This data is not considered complete and is not guaranteed to be accurate for all applications.
Transit Time (WoldWide) : 3 - 4 days (exceptions may be possible due to customs and different country's export regulations. )