Pandanus odoratissimus is a flowering plant, belonging to genus pandanus and family Pandanaceae.
The beautiful flowers of Pandanus harvested early in the morning, because they lose their fragrance quickly after opening of calyx. After picking, they are subjected to hydro-distillation in one of the countless small distilleries, which mainly consist of a row of earthen pots that are filled with flowers and water, and a second, parallel row of water basins used too cool the distillate, which is collected in copper pots immersed into that water.
The process of distillation is takes place in a closed apparatus without any control of temperature or pressure, the steam flowing from the heated earthen pot to the cooled copper pot in bamboo pipes that are sealed with mud. The distillations yield several grades of essences: Addition of sandalwood results in a product called attar kewda, the pure, rather costly essential oil is known as rooh kewda while Kewda water is a cheap by product of hydro-distillation suited for culinary use.
Physicochemical characteristics of Kewda water:
Appearance: It is thin viscosity and is a clear liquid
Colour: Vary from Colour-less to pale yellow
Odour: Strong and characteristics
Relative density at 27°C: 0.97
Refractive index at 27°C: 1.495
Optical rotation: +2.3
Hydroxyl value: 2.5
Methoxyl value: 18.3
Solubility in aqueous alcohol: Completely soluble
Skin disorder: This water consists of traces of tannin, glycosides and alkaloids, which makes it diuretic and is effectively used for curing various wounds and skin diseases like leprosy and smallpox.
Pain reliever: This water is known for its therapeutic property in relieving various kinds of pains like, earache, chest pain, neck pain, and headache and stomach spasms.
This water is known for its laxative property, that's why, it is being used as a cure for the treatment of constipation in children.
Pandanus water is commonly used as constituent in many perfumes, cosmetics and also in ayurvedic medicines.
This water is frequently used in the preparation of various organic and synthetic soaps, cosmetics, sprays, ointments, inhalers and shampoos.
This water is also used in the preparation of various dishes, flavouring syrups and incense sticks.
1. Our essential oils are highest possible quality with the best possible pricing. Everybody knows that there are 4 -5 qualities of each essential oils available so this may not be the right quality for new comers in this website. Better you drop an email to verify the exact verify of essential oils you actually need. You can also call us or Live Chat with us on live chat system installed in this website or through Skype or Yahoo Messenger.
2. Here we have implemented a new customized shipping module here any reputed buyer can check the shipping quote before placing the actual order and estimate their cost. We do not quote based on import duty inclusive. Import duty is always extra on CIF value. The same is applicable up to 50 Kg, for more than 50 Kg, Please ask for spot rates. See top right of this page.
3. We are most sincere about our packaging for safer possible delivery at destination. In case there will be a loss/ damage, we always help buyers to resolve the issue. Most of the time, we send replacement partial /full shipment with no extra cost.
4. If you are not familiar with our product, please chat with us or call me to verify the actual variety you need in order to rule out any further issues. The products are intended to reach the maximum number of people so for specific quality, please explain your purpose of use and working criteria.
5. The information in product description is intended for educational purposes only and should not be used to replace the care of a qualified physician. This data is not considered complete and is not guaranteed to be accurate for all applications.
Transit Time (WoldWide) : 3 - 4 days (exceptions may be possible due to customs and different country's export regulations. )