Corylus avellana is a large dispersal shrub, bush or small tree belonging to Betulaceae family. The name Hazel is derived from the Anglo-Saxon word for bonnet, Haesel. It is also called filbert or cobnut. The shrubs basically can spread up to 10-15 ft. Trees start to bear fruit when they are 3-4 years old, and their life span is up to 40 year. Trees normally produce 12 kg of dried nuts each. Leaves are 2-3 inch in length, roughly ovate, acuminate, and vaguely lobed with doubly indent margins.
It is native to Europe and Asia Minor due to the moist winters and cool summers.
The hazel nut oil is extracted from its nut which is oval and oblong in shape. The kernel is loosely covered by hard pericap.The oil is golden-yellowish in color and typically odor and flavor of the fruit.
0,912 - 0,917
Refractive Index at
Acid value pressed
The oil is extracted by the mechanical cold pressing, following the filtration of the extract obtained, is then collected and vacuum bottled.
Palmitic acid 5 - 9%
Palmitoleic acid 0.5%
Stearic acid 4%
Oleic acid 66 - 83%
Linoleic acid 8 - 25%
Linolenic acid 0.6%
This carrier oil is rich in fatty acid such as linoleic acid which is the essential component used for the production of various emollient and moisturizer creams.
The rejuvenating nature of hazelnut oil makes it ideal for body massage. Used as carrier oil in aromatherapy, a hazelnut oil massage gives a calming experience. It also doesn't have any greasy effect, that why is used in manufacturing for various soaps and lotions.
Hazel nut carrier oils, is also a rich source of vitamin E. This makes it effective anti-oxidant, to regenerate the damaged cells due to free radicals.
It is great for offsetting the effect of regular coloring of the hair is. It must be applied to the hair before coloring or shampooing.
1. Our essential oils are highest possible quality with the best possible pricing. Everybody knows that there are 4 -5 qualities of each essential oils available so this may not be the right quality for new comers in this website. Better you drop an email to verify the exact verify of essential oils you actually need. You can also call us or Live Chat with us on live chat system installed in this website or through Skype or Yahoo Messenger.
2. Here we have implemented a new customized shipping module here any reputed buyer can check the shipping quote before placing the actual order and estimate their cost. We do not quote based on import duty inclusive. Import duty is always extra on CIF value. The same is applicable up to 50 Kg, for more than 50 Kg, Please ask for spot rates. See top right of this page.
3. We are most sincere about our packaging for safer possible delivery at destination. In case there will be a loss/ damage, we always help buyers to resolve the issue. Most of the time, we send replacement partial /full shipment with no extra cost.
4. If you are not familiar with our product, please chat with us or call me to verify the actual variety you need in order to rule out any further issues. The products are intended to reach the maximum number of people so for specific quality, please explain your purpose of use and working criteria.
5. The information in product description is intended for educational purposes only and should not be used to replace the care of a qualified physician. This data is not considered complete and is not guaranteed to be accurate for all applications.
Transit Time (WoldWide) : 3 - 4 days (exceptions may be possible due to customs and different country's export regulations. )