Galangal herb, a member of the ginger family that grows mainly in South-East Asia, grows up to 5 feet high with green sword leaves, white flowers and an aromatic rhizome. The root has been used in Europe as a spice while in Thailand; it is used to flavor curries. Galangal is also used in indigenous medicine for rheumatism, inflammation, especially in bronchial asthma. The ginger-like root is also thought to treat indigestion, colic and dysentery, as well as some skin problems. In powdered form or as an alcoholic extract, galangal reportedly acts as a stimulant and because of its stimulating scent it has been used as an aphrodisiac when blended with ginger, cinnamon and clove. Medically, it has been used for cholera, congestion, problems of the digestive system. The Galangal oil is extracted from the rhizome through steam distillation and blends well with chamomile, cinnamon, lavender and rosemary oil.
1. The oil has a fresh, spicy woody scent
2. It is a hot or warming oil
3. The oil is partly liquid and partly crystalline
4. Greenish-yellow in color
Uses of Galangal Oil
1. Galangal oil is used to treat respiratory problems in children
2. It is used as fixative in making perfumes
3. Recent studies shows that galangal oil can kill cancer cells fast
4. Galangal oil is for in the treatment of dyspepsia, flatulence, colic, nausea and travel sickness
5. It improves circulation and helps relax stiff joints and muscle
6. The oil is used as a natural body deodorant
7. In Asia it is use as an active ingredient in making sauces while in Russia, the oil is used as a flavoring to vinegar and liqueur
1. Our essential oils are highest possible quality with the best possible pricing. Everybody knows that there are 4 -5 qualities of each essential oils available so this may not be the right quality for new comers in this website. Better you drop an email to verify the exact verify of essential oils you actually need. You can also call us or Live Chat with us on live chat system installed in this website or through Skype or Yahoo Messenger.
2. Here we have implemented a new customized shipping module here any reputed buyer can check the shipping quote before placing the actual order and estimate their cost. We do not quote based on import duty inclusive. Import duty is always extra on CIF value. The same is applicable up to 50 Kg, for more than 50 Kg, Please ask for spot rates. See top right of this page.
3. We are most sincere about our packaging for safer possible delivery at destination. In case there will be a loss/ damage, we always help buyers to resolve the issue. Most of the time, we send replacement partial /full shipment with no extra cost.
4. If you are not familiar with our product, please chat with us or call me to verify the actual variety you need in order to rule out any further issues. The products are intended to reach the maximum number of people so for specific quality, please explain your purpose of use and working criteria.
5. The information in product description is intended for educational purposes only and should not be used to replace the care of a qualified physician. This data is not considered complete and is not guaranteed to be accurate for all applications.
Transit Time (WoldWide) : 3 - 4 days (exceptions may be possible due to customs and different country's export regulations. )