Anise (Pimpinella anisum) is traditionally used as a aromatic herb in many drinks and baked foods because of the presence of volatile oils in its fruits commonly known as seeds. Anise is a herbaceous annual plant member of the apiacae family that can grow to heights of up to three feet. Thin pin -shaped roots produce narrow cut stems and leaves that form feathery lobes.
Essential oil obtained by steam distillation of the dry fruits of Pimpinella anisum L. It isclear, colourless or pale yellow liquid in characteristic.The chief constituent of aniseed oil is trans-anethole, ( 80 to 95%) and is mainly responsible for the characteristic flavor of the oil. The oil also contains estragole,anisaldehyde and pseudoisoeugenyl, a-pinene, camphene, p-cymene.
Uses of Aniseed Oil:-
1. Spasmolytic effect:-It is known for its antispasmodic propertiesbecause of the Methanolic acid present the oil .It is known for treating pain and spasm in irritable bowel syndrome(IBS).
2. Expectorant:-It is secretolytic in nature whici helps for facilitation or acceleration of the secretion of the mucus from the respiratorytract.
3. OESTROGENIC :-Its main component anethole is an estrogenic agent which is antiheptoxic and has teratogenic effect.THats why it is an perfect antioxidant.
4. SEDATIVE AND ANAESTHETIC:-Anethole, the principal component of anise oil, is a precursor that can eventually produce 2,5-dimethoxybenzaldehyde which is can be used in the clandestine synthesis of psychedelic drugs such as 2C-B, 2C-I and DOB.
5. Anticarcinogenic:-Antehole is known for its cytotoxic and non-clastogenic nature which means this oil is potent inhibitor of tumor growth.
6. ANTIMICROBIAL:-Due to the presence of Phenyl propanaid component it is used for making antifungal medicines.Its volatile in nature helps to inhibit the growth of mycotoxin producing aspergillus.
FOOD AND PERFUMERY:-
In food industry it is used in candies ,baked food,bevareages and chewing gum.Anethole is mainly used for food flavouring.It is also used in alcoholic drinks like raki and anisette.
In making perfumes it is mostly used as it over-shadow the hydrogen sulphide.It is also used for making dentifrices.
1. Our essential oils are highest possible quality with the best possible pricing. Everybody knows that there are 4 -5 qualities of each essential oils available so this may not be the right quality for new comers in this website. Better you drop an email to verify the exact verify of essential oils you actually need. You can also call us or Live Chat with us on live chat system installed in this website or through Skype or Yahoo Messenger.
2. Here we have implemented a new customized shipping module here any reputed buyer can check the shipping quote before placing the actual order and estimate their cost. We do not quote based on import duty inclusive. Import duty is always extra on CIF value. The same is applicable up to 50 Kg, for more than 50 Kg, Please ask for spot rates. See top right of this page.
3. We are most sincere about our packaging for safer possible delivery at destination. In case there will be a loss/ damage, we always help buyers to resolve the issue. Most of the time, we send replacement partial /full shipment with no extra cost.
4. If you are not familiar with our product, please chat with us or call me to verify the actual variety you need in order to rule out any further issues. The products are intended to reach the maximum number of people so for specific quality, please explain your purpose of use and working criteria.
5. The information in product description is intended for educational purposes only and should not be used to replace the care of a qualified physician. This data is not considered complete and is not guaranteed to be accurate for all applications.
Transit Time (WoldWide) : 3 - 4 days (exceptions may be possible due to customs and different country's export regulations. )