Anise Star Oil
Manufacturer, Supplier and Wholesale Exporter of Anise Star Oil.
Contact us for Wholesale/Bulk Inquiry
Anise Star Oil
Buy Anise Star Oil
Anise Star Oil
Star Anise Essential Oil
BOTANICAL NAME: Illicium Verum
Spicy, warm, licorice-like aroma. Used by fishermen to mask human scent. It is a wonderful perfumery addition in subtle quantities, especially in Citrus blends or as an underpinning to a Vanilla blend. Well known for its effect on the digestive system. Blends well with cedarwood, chamomile, cypress, fennel, lavender, lime, neroli, nutmeg, orange, peppermint, petitgrain, rose, tea tree, and rosewood. Do not use if pregnant, except with advice of health care professional.
Appearance: Colorless to Pale Yellow Liquid
Odor: Sharp, Anise and Licorice-Like Aroma
Refractive Index: 1.5550
Specific Gravity: 0.9772
Flash Point: 180°F
Storage: Store in a cool place in closed container
Safety: Harmful if swallowed, avoid contact with eyes
Anise star oil is an essential oil derived from the star anise plant, which is native to China. The oil is steam distilled from the dried fruit of the plant and has a strong, licorice-like aroma. It is used in perfumery and as a flavor ingredient in various culinary dishes, liqueurs, and confectionery. It is also used in traditional medicine and is believed to have medicinal properties such as being a mild expectorant, carminative and anti-spasmodic. It should be used with caution and not be used during pregnancy.
Star anise oil has a variety of uses, both in the culinary and aromatherapy industries. Some common uses include:
Cooking: Star anise oil is used as a flavoring agent in many dishes, particularly in Asian cuisine. It can be used to flavor soups, stews, marinades, and sauces. It is also a key ingredient in the popular Chinese five spice powder.
Aromatherapy: Star anise oil is used in aromatherapy for its warming, soothing, and grounding properties. It is believed to help with respiratory issues, relieve muscle aches and pains, and promote feelings of calm and relaxation.
Perfumery: Star anise oil is used in perfumery for its strong, licorice-like aroma. It is often used as a base note in perfumes and colognes.
Traditional medicine: Star anise oil is used in traditional medicine for its medicinal properties, such as being a mild expectorant, carminative and anti-spasmodic. It is also believed to help with digestive issues and to be effective against some types of bacteria.
Industrial uses: Star anise oil is also used in some industrial applications, such as in the production of soaps, candles, and other personal care products.
Note that as with any essential oil, star anise oil should be used with caution and not be used during pregnancy. Consult with a qualified healthcare professional before use.
Anise Star Oil for Wine Flavouring
Star anise oil is used as a flavoring agent in some wines, particularly fortified wines, such as Vermouth, and liqueurs. Its unique licorice-like flavor can add depth and complexity to the wine and complement other flavors used in the wine. The oil can be added to the wine during the fermentation process or after fermentation, depending on the desired flavor profile.
It is important to note that using essential oils like star anise oil in wine production needs to be carefully controlled as the oil contains a chemical called anethole which is toxic in high concentrations. Also, the usage of Star Anise oil should be in small amounts and under strict guidelines as per the laws of the country where the wine is being produced and consumed.
It is best to consult with a wine-making expert or a professional in the field before adding star anise oil to wine to ensure that it is used in the correct proportions and does not negatively impact the taste or safety of the final product.
Anise Star Oil for Food flavouring
Star anise oil is commonly used as a flavoring agent in food, particularly in Asian cuisine. Its strong licorice-like flavor can add depth and complexity to many dishes. Some popular uses of star anise oil in food include:
Soups: Star anise oil can be added to soups, such as pho and ramen, to enhance the flavor of the broth.
Marinades and sauces: Star anise oil can be added to marinades and sauces to give them a unique and complex flavor.
Meat dishes: Star anise oil can be used to flavor meat dishes, such as pork and beef, to give them a distinct taste.
Confectionery: Star anise oil can be used to flavor confectionery, such as candy and chocolate, to give them a unique licorice-like taste.
Spices blends: Star anise oil is a key ingredient in the popular Chinese five spice powder, which is a blend of five spices commonly used in Chinese cuisine.
It is important to note that star anise oil is very strong and should be used sparingly. A little goes a long way, and too much can overpower the other flavors in the dish. It is recommended to start with a small amount and adjust to taste. As with any food flavoring, it is important to check the laws of the country where the food is being produced and consumed, as some countries have restrictions on the amount of star anise oil that can be added to food.
1. Our essential oils are highest possible quality with the best possible pricing. Everybody knows that there are 4 -5 qualities of each essential oils available so this may not be the right quality for new comers in this website. Better you drop an email to verify the exact verify of essential oils you actually need. You can also call us or Live Chat with us on live chat system installed in this website or through Skype or Yahoo Messenger.
2. Here we have implemented a new customized shipping module here any reputed buyer can check the shipping quote before placing the actual order and estimate their cost. We do not quote based on import duty inclusive. Import duty is always extra on CIF value. The same is applicable up to 50 Kg, for more than 50 Kg, Please ask for spot rates. See top right of this page.
3. We are most sincere about our packaging for safer possible delivery at destination. In case there will be a loss/ damage, we always help buyers to resolve the issue. Most of the time, we send replacement partial /full shipment with no extra cost.
4. If you are not familiar with our product, please chat with us or call me to verify the actual variety you need in order to rule out any further issues. The products are intended to reach the maximum number of people so for specific quality, please explain your purpose of use and working criteria.
5. The information in product description is intended for educational purposes only and should not be used to replace the care of a qualified physician. This data is not considered complete and is not guaranteed to be accurate for all applications.
Transit Time (WoldWide) : 3 - 4 days (exceptions may be possible due to customs and different country's export regulations. )