Spearmint oil is extracted from the flowering tops and leaves of the plant using the method of steam distillation. It has antispasmodic, antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-fungal, carminative, digestive, insecticide, anti-inflammatory, insecticide and stimulant properties. This oil has a wide range of uses from medicinal purposes down to culinary uses.
About Spearmint: The spearmint plant has a botanical name Mentha Spicata – which has similar properties and characteristics with peppermint like its menthol content. This plant can grow up to 3 feet high. Traditionally, this plant grows in USA, Nepal and Hungary.
Spearmint oil: The oil is obtained from the leaves and flowering tops of the plant. This oil is oftentimes used as a substitute when the peppermint oil is not available. This oil is best to be blended with other oils such as orange, basil, peppermint, lavender, and bay laurel.
Uses of Spearmint oil:
1. Spearmint oil has a digestive property that contributes to the treatment of digestive problems, including diarrhea, irritable bowel movements, gallstones, and nausea and gallbladder inflammation. It also helps to stimulate digestion.
2. Antispasmodic: This oil is effective in spasms, strains, nervous convulsions and cramps. It gives cooling effect to the muscles and nerves that helps to relax muscles.
3. This essential oil has antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal properties which help to protect internally and externally from infections. Moreover, as disinfectant, this oil is used to treat diseases caused by fungi, bacteria and viruses. It also helps to protect from acquiring transmittable diseases. This oil can also be used as insecticide.
4. It is also used for treating respiratory diseases like sinusitis, bronchitis, and asthma.
5. The oil is effective for the treatment of skin problems as well. It helps with itching, dermatitis, acne and other skin problems.
6. This is also used as one of the ingredients in making products such as toothpaste, and mouthwash because of its cooling effect. It is also used in manufacturing of cosmetic products.
The spearmint is a substitute for peppermint if it is not available. Therefore, this oil can be added to dishes as an additional seasoning. It can be added to drinks as well.
1. Our essential oils are highest possible quality with the best possible pricing. Everybody knows that there are 4 -5 qualities of each essential oils available so this may not be the right quality for new comers in this website. Better you drop an email to verify the exact verify of essential oils you actually need. You can also call us or Live Chat with us on live chat system installed in this website or through Skype or Yahoo Messenger.
2. Here we have implemented a new customized shipping module here any reputed buyer can check the shipping quote before placing the actual order and estimate their cost. We do not quote based on import duty inclusive. Import duty is always extra on CIF value. The same is applicable up to 50 Kg, for more than 50 Kg, Please ask for spot rates. See top right of this page.
3. We are most sincere about our packaging for safer possible delivery at destination. In case there will be a loss/ damage, we always help buyers to resolve the issue. Most of the time, we send replacement partial /full shipment with no extra cost.
4. If you are not familiar with our product, please chat with us or call me to verify the actual variety you need in order to rule out any further issues. The products are intended to reach the maximum number of people so for specific quality, please explain your purpose of use and working criteria.
5. The information in product description is intended for educational purposes only and should not be used to replace the care of a qualified physician. This data is not considered complete and is not guaranteed to be accurate for all applications.
Transit Time (WoldWide) : 3 - 4 days (exceptions may be possible due to customs and different country's export regulations. )