Ajowain Essential Oil is extracted through the steam distillation from the seeds of Ajwain. This essential oil is known for its galactagogue, anti spasmodic, amoebiasis and carminative expectorant properties. It is an anti microbial agent, antibacterial, antiviral, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic, antiseptic, and a tonic.
About Ajowain:-This seed is a mature, dry dehiscent fruit of a biennial herb of the apiaceous family. Botanical name of this seed is carum copticum. In India, it is cultivated in the plains of Gujarat and Rajasthan. Chemical constituents of Ajwain are mostly divided like thymol (39.1%) followed by oleic acid (10.4%), linoleic acid (9.6%), gamma-terpinene (2.6%), p-cymene (1.6%), palmitic acid (1.6%), and xylene (0.1%). Thymol, the main component of Ajwain is known for its gastrointestinal ailments.
Ajowain Oil: - It is obtained from its seeds that contain 2.5% to 5% of essential oil. Its flower yields 2% to 4% oil. This oil is either colorless or pale brown in color.
Uses of Ajowain oil:-
1. Ajwain essential oil's main constituent thymol helps in fighting against bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites. The high content of thymol also makes it very vitriolic. It is an excellent aid to digestion. It relieves nausea, flatulence, and the cramping pains that accompany these conditions.
2. Its antispasmodic nature makes it perfect circulatory stimulant. It is helpful for fatigue, weakness, and to assist recovery after illness or accident. It calms down the mental and physical exhaustion.
3. Cancer:-The chemo preventive effect of Ajwain seeds were examined on DMBA-induced skin and B(a)P-induced forestomach papillomagenesis. Results exhibited a significant reduction in the skin as well as the forestomach tumor multiplicity.
4. Caries: - Ajwain oil is a source of a novel compound, (4aS, 5R, 8aS) 5, 8a-di-1-propyl-octahydronaphthalen-1-(2H)-one, which is used as a therapeutic agent against dental caries.
Ajwain is known for multiple purposes. It is used as one of the important ingredients for culinary and spice reasons all over the world. The flavor and pungent smell of thymol, in its essential oil gives aromatic base to the recipes. Shiva Exports India as one of the leading essential oils suppliers offers the best Ajowain Oil, contact us for more details.
1. Our essential oils are highest possible quality with the best possible pricing. Everybody knows that there are 4 -5 qualities of each essential oils available so this may not be the right quality for new comers in this website. Better you drop an email to verify the exact verify of essential oils you actually need. You can also call us or Live Chat with us on live chat system installed in this website or through Skype or Yahoo Messenger.
2. Here we have implemented a new customized shipping module here any reputed buyer can check the shipping quote before placing the actual order and estimate their cost. We do not quote based on import duty inclusive. Import duty is always extra on CIF value. The same is applicable up to 50 Kg, for more than 50 Kg, Please ask for spot rates. See top right of this page.
3. We are most sincere about our packaging for safer possible delivery at destination. In case there will be a loss/ damage, we always help buyers to resolve the issue. Most of the time, we send replacement partial /full shipment with no extra cost.
4. If you are not familiar with our product, please chat with us or call me to verify the actual variety you need in order to rule out any further issues. The products are intended to reach the maximum number of people so for specific quality, please explain your purpose of use and working criteria.
5. The information in product description is intended for educational purposes only and should not be used to replace the care of a qualified physician. This data is not considered complete and is not guaranteed to be accurate for all applications.
Transit Time (WoldWide) : 3 - 4 days (exceptions may be possible due to customs and different country's export regulations. )