Prunus amygdalcus, almond, or sweet almond is a small deciduous tree in the Rosaceae (rose family) which is indigenous to the western Asia, presently it has been naturalized and cultivated and mostly over the Mediterranean regions and Asia minor .The tree is generally up to 30 feet or 7 m tall and have a resemblance to peach or plum and its fruit is botanically categorized as drupe.
The oil of sweet almond is basically liquid which is clear, pale yellow and odorless, and specifically has a bland and nutty flavor. It solidifies under -20 degree Celsius.
The fatty or fixed oil is extracted from the kernels by using traditional mechanical methods, either by cold pressing or expeller pressing. The chemical processes such as Supercritical fluid extraction or solvent extraction are used to produce relatively cheap quality and low-fat almond oil.
The oleum amygdale chiefly consists of the glycerin compounds of oleic acid. Triolein and dioleolinolein triglycrides oleic acid made up to 65-72% of the sweet almond oil. The percentage distribution is:
Oleic acid 62.0 - 86.0 %
Linoleic acid 7.0 - 30.0 %
Palmitic acid 4.0 - 9.0 %
Stearic acid 3 %
It also has sterols, proteins and certain traces of vitamin A, B complex, glutamic and aspiritc acid.
Medicinal use:-It is used as a laxative and act as a solvent for the hemorrhoid injections.
Cosmetic:-Due to the presence of oleic fatty acid it is an excellent moisturizing agent. It helps to treat the various skin related problems like chapped dry hands, soothing various skin allergies like eczema and also act as sebum restoring agent. It is a perfect lubricant as it doesn't have any greasy effect which makes it ideal for massage purpose.
Food products: - It is used as a flavoring agent in various beverages either alcoholic or non-alcoholic. It is also used in various bakery products liked pudding and cakes.
1. Our essential oils are highest possible quality with the best possible pricing. Everybody knows that there are 4 -5 qualities of each essential oils available so this may not be the right quality for new comers in this website. Better you drop an email to verify the exact verify of essential oils you actually need. You can also call us or Live Chat with us on live chat system installed in this website or through Skype or Yahoo Messenger.
2. Here we have implemented a new customized shipping module here any reputed buyer can check the shipping quote before placing the actual order and estimate their cost. We do not quote based on import duty inclusive. Import duty is always extra on CIF value. The same is applicable up to 50 Kg, for more than 50 Kg, Please ask for spot rates. See top right of this page.
3. We are most sincere about our packaging for safer possible delivery at destination. In case there will be a loss/ damage, we always help buyers to resolve the issue. Most of the time, we send replacement partial /full shipment with no extra cost.
4. If you are not familiar with our product, please chat with us or call me to verify the actual variety you need in order to rule out any further issues. The products are intended to reach the maximum number of people so for specific quality, please explain your purpose of use and working criteria.
5. The information in product description is intended for educational purposes only and should not be used to replace the care of a qualified physician. This data is not considered complete and is not guaranteed to be accurate for all applications.
Transit Time (WoldWide) : 3 - 4 days (exceptions may be possible due to customs and different country's export regulations. )