Neroli oil is extracted from the flowers of neroli plant by the method of steam distillation. It is one of the essential oils that have great therapeutic properties like bactericidal, antidepressant, antiseptic, aphrodisiac, antispasmodic, cordial, digestive, carminative, disinfectant, deodorant, sedative and tonic properties. This oil is usually used as an ingredient for a perfume and colognes.
About Neroli: Neroli is also known as Citrus aurantium, Citrus vulgaris or C. Bigardia (its botanical name). It is a fragrant flower that commonly grown in the eastern Africa and western India.
Neroli oil: Neroli oil is essential oil obtain from the flower of a tree. It carries a sweet aroma and known for its uses in aromatherapy. This oil gives a multiple number of benefits in both physical and mental health. The oil can be blended with other oil such as lavender, jasmine, rosemary, and geranium.
Uses of Neroli oil:
1. Antidepressant: This oil is can help to reduce anxiety and stress. It also helps to promote a feeling a happiness and joy and take away the sadness. It helps to reduce depression rather it uplift mood. The oil is also useful for nervous tension, insomnia, and shock.
2. It has antispasmodic property that helps to relieve muscle cramps and spasms.
3. This oil can also use to lower down blood pressure and prevent from getting high blood pressure.
4. It has an antibacterial property that protects the body from any microbial infections. It helps to protect the body from any diseases caused by fungi, bacteria and viruses like cholera and food poisoning.
5. The oil is effective for headaches and digestive ailments such as diarrhea. It can also help to diminish scars and stretch marks on the skin. It is also effective for skin health.
There are many uses of neroli oil aside from being used in medicine. It is used in perfumes as well as in culinary. It can be added to your recipes. It can also be used with the vegetable oil.