Marjoram sweet oil is extracted from the fresh and dried leaves of the marjoram plant using the process of steam distillation. This oil is known for its antiviral, anaphrodisiac, antispasmodic, antiseptic, analgesic, and carminative properties. It has also digestive, sedative, hypotensive and expectorant properties.
About Marjoram: The marjoram plant is commonly known as Knotted Marjoram and has a scientific name Oragunum Marjorana – which is classified under the family of the Labiatae. The marjoram plant grows to a height up to 24 inches.
Marjoram sweet oil: The marjoram sweet oil is mostly made in some European countries like Germany, France, Spain, and Hungary and USA also produce this recently. This oil can be used in company with other oil such as Lavender, Lemon, Orange, Basil, Black Pepper, and Rosemary.
Uses of Marjoram sweet oil:
1. The marjoram sweet oil is well-known because of its antispasmodic property that is very helpful for cramps, muscular spasms, and it can also relieve spasms in the respiratory system and digestive system.
2. This oil is very effective for asthma, bronchitis, coughs, headaches, toothaches and migraines because of its antispasmodic and analgesic properties. It is also good to use for kids even toddlers. Moreover, it can be used for ear pain, swollen nose and throat.
3. Antiviral and bactericidal: It is effective for protection from bacterial and viral infections.
4. The oil has an effective property for relaxing and calming. It can help to reduce anxiety, restlessness, and fear, and help to boost self-esteem. This oil can also be used by people who are suffering from insomnia.
5. The marjoram sweet oil can help to relieve some symptoms of menopause, menstruation problems, and can help for breast feeding.
6. It can also use as a cream and lotion.
The marjoram sweet oil can also be used in culinary. It can be added to salads and other vegetable recipes. It can also be added to soups, seafood and other dishes as a seasoning.