Geranium Bourbon essential oil comes from the island of La Reunion in the Indian Ocean. Geranium Bourbon oil has a very rich, rosy aroma and it is preferred by many aroma therapists because it blends well with great range of different oils and because of its excellent fragrance despite having the same therapeutic properties as other types of Geranium oil. It is considered a middle note in aromatherapy. Extraction of the oil is done by steam distillation of the leaves and stalks and the result is a pale olive-green color with a sweet, leafy rosy fragrance with a minty and slightly fruity overtone.
Qualities and Properties
1. Geranium Bourbon has a very rich, rosy aroma
2. Emotionally soothing and balancing essential oil
4. Geranium Bourbon oil is the finest and most expensive geranium essential oil
5. Its properties are analgesic, antidepressant, antiseptic, cicatrisant, diuretic and insecticide.
6. The oil is Pale yellow to greenish yellow liquid
7. It has strong smelling oil with a floral aroma and a hint of mint.
1. Indicated for all problems of the nervous system such as anxiety and nervous fatigue.
2. Useful for all skin conditions as it balances sebum.
3. It's an excellent remedy for burns, wounds and ulcers.
4. Helps clear the body of toxins which aids in addictions
5. Geranium Bourbon can also be used to reduce stress and anxiety
1. Used for menopausal problems and for general energizing
2. It can also act as an insect repellent
3. Geranium oil can be used as massage oil, or add a few drops to a bath to assist with depression, fluid retention, edema, eczema, cellulite, ringworm, hemorrhoids and menstrual irregularities
4. Add to a lotion or cream to treat eczema, shingles, burns and bruises
5. Add Geranium to a shampoo to remove head lice