Frankincense Oil also known as Olibanum Oil/Oil of Lebanon is considered a holy oil where it has been use in religious ceremonies for many years. It is also very popular oil because of its significance in the birth of Christ when it was given as a gift to the child at his birth. The Egyptians used it for incense, skin care, stomach ailments and cosmetics and has been a popular ingredient in cosmetics and incense burners for centuries. Frankincense Oil is extracted from the gum or resin from Frankincense or Olibanum trees, by way of steam distillation.
1. The oil has sweet, warm balsamic aroma
2. It is pale yellow-green in color
9. Muscle relaxant
Uses of Frankincense Oil
1. Frankincense Oil is effective as an antiseptic. It can be applied directly on wounds to protect it from developing infections such as tetanus and sepsis
2. Frankincense oil is used in the prevention of like bad breath, toothaches, cavities, mouth sores, and other infections regarding oral concerns
3. The oil strengthens gums, hair roots giving protection to premature teeth and hair loss and tones and lifts skin to prevent signs the signs of aging
4. It is known to remove excess gas from the intestines and provides relief from associated problems like stomach aches, pain in the abdominal region and chest, abnormal amounts of sweating, uneasiness and indigestion
5. The oil can be applied topically to erase or reduce scars, acne, marks caused by boils and chicken pox. It helps fade away stretch marks associated with pregnancy and surgery scars
6. Frankincense oil is known to stimulate the part of the brain that controls emotions thus it helps to treat depression, anxiety and other emotional problems.
1. Alpha Pinene
3. Bornyl Acetate
5. Octyl Acetate
7. Incensyl Acetate