The Roman Chamomile is a delicate plant that is very calming to senses and well known for its soothing properties, ability to reduce stress and aids in sleepless nights. It is also known to sooth nervous conditions and used in shampoos, cosmetics and perfumes. The warm, sweet herbaceous fragrant of Roman chamomile relaxes and calms both body and mind. The oil is so gentle which makes it especially helpful for restless children. It is used widely in Europe in skin preparations due to its soothing effect on all types of skin. Roman chamomile is also beneficial when added to massage oil for relief of muscle discomfort after exercise. Roman chamomile oil is one of the few essential oils that is safe to use in children.
Qualities and Properties
1. It has a fresh, sweet, fruity-like aroma
2. The oil is extracted from flowers/buds through steam distillation
3. The oil is gray to very pale blue in color
4. Thin in texture
5. The oil has a bright, crisp, sweet, and fruity, herbaceous scent
6. Analgesic and antiseptic
7. Antibacterial and antimicrobial
Uses and Benefits
1. Roman Chamomile essential oil is used for its skin healing properties in the manufacturing of body care products, as well as for aromatherapy
2. The oil is also used as a fragrance in soaps, cosmetics, and perfumes and to flavor cigarette tobacco.
3. The oil when diffused, helps calm irritable babies and soothe a toddler's nasty temper tantrums
4. The Roman Chamomile Oil can be used to treat the following:
>> Allergies and dermatitis
>> boils colic,
>> inflamed skin and wounds
>> insect bites,
>> insomnia and stress
>> sprains and strains
8. Propyl angelate
9. Butyl angelate.