What is Cajuput oil?
Cajuput oil is extracted from the combination of leaves and twigs of the cajuput tree and paperbark tree by using steam distillation. It is an essential oil that has a sweet aroma and commonly used in cosmetics products and perfume. It is well-known for treating digestive problems and rheumatism. In addition, the cajuput oil is non-sensitizing and non-toxic oil that can be found in stores.
Cajuput tree (Melaleuca leucadendra) is a vigorous growing tree that reaches 98 feet. It is well-known as Kayaputi in ancient India. This tree is commonly recognized as the white tea tree which originates from the Malayan coastal plains.
Cajuput Oil: The cajuput oil has main ingredients that include a-pinene, a-terpinene, b-pinene, linalool, terpinolene, a-terpineol, myrcene, y-terpinene, p-cymene, and terpinen-4-ol. This oil can be blended with other oil such as lavender, geranium, angelica, and bergamot. It has various properties which are very useful for health benefits such as antiseptic, insecticide, anti-spasmodic, tonic and analgesic.
Uses of Cajuput oil:
1. The cajuput oil is very effective when it comes in fighting bacterial infections, virus and fungal infections. It is also good for infectious diseases like typhoid fever and cholera. It is effective in treating skin problems such as spots and scabies.
2. It also has an antispasmodic that helps to relieve muscle cramps.
3. Respiratory: The cajuput oil is used for treating and preventing for having common respiratory infections such as sore throats, bronchitis, asthma, coughs and sinusitis.
4. It can also used for relieving gum pain after a tooth is lost or removed.
5. The cajuput oil can be used as an insecticide that is very effective in killing insects.
The cajuput oil can also be used in culinary activities as a flavoring, but in minimal amount.