Vanilla oil is an essential oil that is extracted by solvent extraction from fermented Vanilla beans. This is one of the essential oils that is not produced by steam distillation.
Vanilla is a vine growing plant that is indigenous to South America, Mexico, South Africa but the highest quality of vanilla is found in Madagascar. The scientific name for the vanilla is Vanilla Planifolia and the plant produces beautiful yellow coloured flowers.
Vanilla Oil Food Grade :
Vanilla Oil Food Grade is dark brown in colour and has a sweet smell that makes it a favourite flavouring for many confectionary and ice cream products. It blends well with other essential oils.
Use of Vanilla Oil Food Grade
1. Vanilla oil is an antioxidant and neutralizes the free radicals that invade the body. It protects the body from wear and tear, infections and cancers such as prostrate and colon cancer. Use of this oil also stimulates repair of damage to the body.
2. This oil has remarkable aphrodisiac properties and is effective in the treatment of erectile dysfunction, frigidity, loss of libido and promotes sexual arousal.
3. Because it contains anticarcinogenic properties the oil curbs the growth of cancerous cells thereby helping to cure, prevent or slow down the progression of cancer.
4. This oil has antiseptic properties and helps the body fight fevers brought about by infection and reduces the inflammation caused by the fevers.
5. Vanilla oil has antidepressant properties and is a mood lifter, promoting the body's well being.
6. The oil has sedative properties and soothes and relaxes the body, and also has a calming effect on the brain and nervous system, and provides relief from anxiety, anger and restlessness.
7. The oil also helps to regularize menstruation and eases menstrual cramps.
Because of its sweet smell Vanilla Oil is loved by perfumers and cosmetologists who use it in the preparation of creams, lotions, soaps and perfumes.
Vanilla oil is considered as the base flavouring agent in ice creams, chocolates, cakes and some kinds of coffee.