Mace oil is extracted using a method of steam distillation from the aril part of the plant. This oil is known for its anti-rheumatic, antispasmodic, analgesic, antioxidant, stimulant and tonic properties. This oil is commonly made and produce in Indonesia, Sri Lanka, and West India. Traditionally, it is used in perfumery to add fragrance for men.
About Mace:- Botanical name of the plant is Myristica fragrans. This plant where the mace oil extracted usually reaches about 65 feet. It yields fruit called nutmeg fruit after eight years from sowing. This fruit splits in two when become mature and expose a red-colored seed covering which is commonly called the mace.
Mace Oil:- Mace oil has a spicy scent and has similar properties with nutmeg oil. It is obtained from the aril of the nutmeg fruit. It has been used for medical purposes for a long period of time. It is well-known to treat fevers and digestive problems.
Uses of Mace oil:
1. One of the best properties of mace oil is used for digestive issues. It can also help for the digestion as well as loss of appetite. It also reduces nausea, diarrhea and vomiting.
2. Anti-rheumatic and analgesic: The mace oil has these properties for arthritis, rheumatic pain and muscle fatigue.
3. It has anti-oxidant which is best for the ageing tissues. It has also a tonic for the female reproductive system and help irregular menstruations.
4. The oil has a strong spice aroma that can relieve stress. It is also effective to cure migraine attacks as well as tension.
5. It is also a source of vitamins like vitamin C and A.
It as many uses aside from it is being used for medication and perfumery for men. The mace oil is commonly used as a flavoring for baked goods as well as pharmaceuticals. In addition, it can also be used as spice to improve the color and the odor of foods.