Catnip, or Cat Mint is a whitish-grey plant (Nepata Cataria) with mint-like aroma and is a well known medicinal herb used for the treatment of many ailments. Traditionally, it is used as an insect repellent and as a stimulant for felines and it can also be used as a sedative for humans. These healing properties of the plant are transferred to the oil which is extracted from the flowering tops of the plant and produce the essential oil which is used commercially. To some, they directly apply catnip to the skin for arthritis, hemorrhoids and to relieve swelling.
1. The oil is pale yellow to orange in color
1. Catnip oil has natural relaxing and soothing properties and it is used to help kids relax and sleep better, especially during illness.
2. Use the oil to lower high fever while increasing perspiration to help the body recover faster from infection
3. It has also been found to calm down babies disturbed stomach and sooth children when they are upset.
4. Use Catnip oil infusions and baths to help relieve muscle aches that accompany flu and illness. sleep
1. Catnip oil is used to treat insomnia, anxiety, restlessness, migraine and headaches
2. It is also used to support the upper respiratory system infection as well as flu, colds, cough and fever
3. The oil is known to ease gastrointestinal disorder such as indigestion, colic cramps and flatulence (gas)
4. It is also used as a tonic, for increasing urination, and for starting menstrual periods in girls with delayed onset of menstruation.
2. Valeric Acid
5. Nepetalic Anhydride
6. Citral, Limonene
12. Bio Flavonoids
13. Nepetalic Acid